Patio Doors in Cleveland and Columbus, OH
Beautiful patio doors can really make a statement and add a touch of pizazz to both the indoors and the outdoors. You can use them as a focal point or you can use them to frame the view of the outdoor. There are a lot of ways to experiment with patio doors and there are two main ways that patio doors operate; the hinged patio door and the sliding patio door. There are quite a number of benefits to having patio doors. Depending on the type of patio door you choose you can achieve energy savings, increased lighting and much more.
Benefits of Having Good Patio Doors
- Energy Conservation – patio doors can be purchased with energy savings in mind. These doors when properly hung can keep the outside temperatures out and keep the inside temperatures inside.
- Increased light – having patio doors that are made of mostly glass will allow more light to enter the room. This is especially great when your patio doors are hung in a sun room or reading room where you can really benefit from all that natural light.
- Décor – these add a decorative touch to your home and can be used to frame a view of a garden or pool area or a far off mountainside range or even an ocean view. The finish of the doors can also add to the décor of the home as well.
- Resale Value – adding beautiful doors that add energy saving properties to your home can increase the value of your home even by a little. This means that you should choose the right type of patio doors when you need new ones.
Benefits of Fiberglass Patio Doors
Fiberglass patio doors will allow you to get a stronger door at a more affordable price. These types of doors are also known to perform better even when there are sudden changes in weather and climate. You can also find environmentally friendly versions that contain no CFC’s.
As mentioned above there are two mechanisms by which patio doors operate, these are:
- Sliding – the sliding glass patio door is a type of door that has two or more panels that are made with glass as the main material. The door opens by sliding one of the panels across the other.
- Hinged – these are also called French patio doors are also made mainly of glass but the panels can swing inward or outward.
Get Started with Larmco Today!
Interested in installing new patio doors for your home? Give us a call at the number above, or fill out the contact form to the right. We look forward to talking with you!