Fiberglass Front Doors
Fiberglass front entry doors are made from plastic that has been reinforced with glass fiber. It is also called GRP or glass reinforced plastic as well as GFK for a German term. Since fiber glass is a lightweight product it makes a door that is easy to transport and install but strong enough to stand up to the many challenges that entry doors stand up to on a daily basis. The raw materials of these types of doors are very affordable and this affordability is passed down in the actual cost of Fiberglass entry doors.
Benefits and Advantages of Fiberglass Entry Doors
- Low maintenance – fiberglass is a very durable material that is resistant to weather. This allows it its low maintenance ability as it will not need refinishing or any other type of maintenance. Instead you just need to keep it clean by wiping it down or hosing down if you wish.
- Durable – these types of doors are durable in both cold and hot weather and they will not rot, split, warp or corrode. They are also rust, scratch and dent resistant. This is a good feature for any type of door that is used as an entry door as they are exposed to the various elements.
- Energy efficient – with five times the amount of insulation that is offered by wood doors fiber glass entry doors provide optimal energy efficiency. When properly installed they can help you to save up to 25% on your energy bills.
- Good for residential and commercial use – these are not only good for front entry doors of homes but also for commercial and industrial businesses. They come in a variety of sizes and designs that allow them to adapt to being used in different buildings.
Fiberglass Entry Door Useful Tips
- Design – these types of door come in various designs and if you like the look of a wooden door you can find a fiberglass door to mimic that look. Manufacturers mold the wood grain texture of wood into the fiberglass and since it is highly moldable it takes the shape well down to the finest detail.
- Placement – the best place to put these types of doors is at high traffic entrances. This is what makes them suitable for use as front entry doors. But you can also place them to join your garage and your home, your living room and patio or as an emergency exit to the back or side of your house.
- Choice of Fiberglass – you want to ensure that you are purchasing the best quality fiberglass. This is because an inferior quality fiberglass door will overtime crack and fall apart. But one that is made from high quality materials and methods will remain intact.
- Use in Luxury Homes – there is a common misunderstanding that fiberglass doors cannot be used in luxury houses. This is not true as many of the fiberglass doors that are being made are being made so that it is extremely hard to tell if they are indeed made from fiberglass.