Thermal Energy Efficient Windows
Vinyl Thermal Windows raise the energy efficiency of your home by reducing the amount of heated or cooled air that is lost through them to the outside. The energy efficient windows installed by Larmco come in a variety of styles and shapes and feature multiple panes of glass to ensure that the temperature inside of the house is not affected too much by the temperature of the exterior.
Installed with the craftsmanship of our contractors at Larmco, your new energy efficient windows will be installed properly and with no risk of drafts around the window frame either. This means that you, the homeowner, will see more energy savings all year round; for cooling in summer and heating in the winter.
Benefits and Advantages of Vinyl Thermal Windows
- Low Maintenance – Since the glass is set in vinyl a homeowner does not have to worry about rotting or rusting when they are installed. The vinyl material requires no staining or finishing, coming with a custom chosen color and texture. Cleaning can simply be done with a damp or wet cloth and a cleaning solution suitable for glass windows.
- Versatility – There are many types of thermal glass windows; so many that you wouldn’t have to have the same window twice in your entire home if you didn’t want to. Thermal energy efficient windows come in various sizes and styles so you can use them in your bathroom, great room, sun room or attic.
- Chip and Fade Resistance – These windows won’t fade or chip. This means that you will have beautiful and functional windows in your home that can last the entire lifetime of your house. This makes even the most expensive thermal glass window well worth it over time.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – These windows are not only affordable and energy efficient, they look good too. Changing out your old windows with these can add curb appeal to your home and complement your interior décor as well.
Tips for Choosing Thermal Glass Windows
- Convenience – For homes with elderly persons or persons with disabilities who live by themselves, choosing tilt-in style windows would be appropriate. This type of window is easy to clean without as much effort as other styles.
- Placement – Windows with side hinges that open outward are best suited for hard to reach spaces in homes, such as above furniture and appliances, in bathroom shower stalls, or above kitchen sinks. This will allow you to easily open the windows even when something is directly in front of them.
- Installation – You should not do the installation for your windows yourself. All of Larmco’s vinyl replacement windows are best installed by professionals. This will allow you to get the best benefit from owning these windows as they will be properly installed to seal out drafts and ensure that you get the money saving effect you hoped for on your energy bill.
- Cleaning – Your vinyl thermal glass windows will be best if cleaned with a non abrasive window cleaner and a soft cloth. You may want to check with the seller or manufacturer to find out what their recommended cleaning solution is. If you don’t you run the risk of damaging your window with a cleaner that will not be covered by the warranty.
When considering thermal energy efficient windows for your home, remember that Larmco offers a warranty on our vinyl replacement windows, which affirms the windows we install to be free from defects in material, workmanship, and installation for as long as you own your home.
For more information and to begin the design process, request an estimate by calling us or completing the form on this page today.