Replacement Casement Windows
Casement windows open horizontally, either inward and outward, similar to the way you open a door. This design creates large openings and gives your home great views to the outside.
While they are designed similarly to awning windows, casement-style windows open with a hinge on the left or right side. Opening with cranks instead of sashes, these windows can open all the way in or out, giving maximum exposure to fresh air when the temperature is right. In addition, Larmco offers a limited lifetime warranty for casement windows, so you can feel safe that.
Benefits and Advantages of Casement Windows
- Safety – Vinyl casement windows are one of the hardest types of windows to break into due to their locking mechanism feature. A lock is embedded in the frame and shaped like a hook. Since the lock is within the frame of the window, it is more difficult to pry open.
- Wide Openings – Most windows don’t allow for the entire window space to be open. Casement windows, however, have the ability to swing the entire window open, creating maximum exposure to the outside.
- Energy efficiency – Casement windows provide a better seal than other types of windows due to the way the window is closed. When the wind blows against the window it presses the window against the frame making the seal even tighter and protecting against drafts.
Tips for Choosing Casement Windows
- Placement – Casement windows can open outward making them ideal for use in areas where it is hard to reach for a window to lift or slide it open. This includes in areas such as over appliances, sinks, counters etc.
- Code Compliance – Vinyl casement windows fulfill fire code requirements in Ohio, making them a popular choice for bedrooms and basements. Because they are able to open all the way, even if the window is not especially large, the average person can use the window as an escape in case of a fire or some other emergency.
- Convenience – Casement windows can be completely opened making them easy to clean. You can also disengage the arm hinge so that you can fully access the tracks, the frame and the glass for cleaning.
If you’ve decided to get an estimate on a set of new or replacement windows, with some casement-style windows added for the reasons listed above, remember that all of Larmco’s products are made in Ohio, so when you work with us, your investment stays within the community. Contact us today via phone or the form on this page to schedule an estimate with a local Larmco representative.