Different types of windows serve different functional needs throughout your home and awning windows are especially unique compared to others. They are available in a variety of sizes and can assist with privacy, aesthetics, and provide ventilation even when it rains.
Awning windows have a hinged top and the sash opens outward from the top with the use of a crank, very much like casement windows. The main difference is the direction in which they open. They also do not open as fully as casement windows do but have a number of different advantages for homeowners looking for replacement windows.
Benefits and Advantages of Vinyl Awning Windows
- Ventilation – Often installed in bathrooms, basements, and kitchens, homeowners get the ventilation and lighting of a wide open window without having to compromise on privacy.
- Functionality – Awning windows can be placed high up on walls there will be more wall space in your home. This gives you the opportunity to maximize the layout of your rooms and allows for more decorative wall elements.
- Moisture Protection – These windows can remaining open during a rain shower and still keep the water out due to their over-hanging angle, as well as let out steam from a warm shower in a bathroom. This way you avoid rain dripping in, and let foggy condensation out.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Awning windows have a timeless look which allows them to go well with almost any style house. They come in a variety of styles, colors, and sizes so they will fit in well with a design.
Tips for Choosing Awning Windows
- Placement – These windows can be used in rooms where you would like to have a lot of natural light but are concerned about privacy. This makes them suitable for use in bathrooms. They are often mounted high on the wall and so that natural light can come inside unobstructed while not allowing visibility to people outside.
- Installation – Ensure that these windows won’t be installed in a high traffic outdoor area. This is because someone could very well hurt themselves while passing the window. Places you should probably not install these windows close to are porches, sidewalks or terraces.
- Cleaning – While they collect dirt and water spots more frequently than other styles because of their vertical angle, their flat angle allows them to be easily cleaned when the time comes.
- Ventilation and Security – Small awning windows placed high upon the wall are ideal to let out hot air during warm days. They can be left slightly open, or fully open to let in air while keeping you secure knowing no one can enter your home through them.
A highly functional window option, awning windows offer many features to those upgrading the windows in their Ohio homes. If you have them installed by Larmco certified contractors, you also receive the limited lifetime warranty, protecting your investment for as long as you own your home.
Call or fill out the form on this page to request an estimate from Larmco today and let us help you choose the best styles for your space.